- 117 game participants
- 25 teams
- 1 game leader and 5 facilitators
- 1 guest speaker
- 6 case study presentations
These are just some figures to display the surprisingly positive reception of the DEVELOPING CHANGE MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES USING SIMULATION GAMES conference/ workshop organized by ALBA Graduate Business School on Thursday, January 31st, 2008 at Divani Apollon Palace in Vouliagmeni.
Managers coming from all hierarchical levels and representing different management fields - from listed companies CEOs to first line managers/ MBA students and from accountants to IT experts - spent their full working day to participate in the conference held by Dr. Nikos Mylonopoulos, Associate Professor of Information Systems, ALBA, play the simulation game led by INSEAD Professor and simulation gaming guru Prof. Albert Angehrn, listen to the keynote speech delivered by Mr. Ulysses Kyriacopoulos, Chairman of The Board of S&B Industrial Minerals and of the Greek National Opera and, last but not least, learn from the simulation game implementation experiences of organizations like IKEA, FIAT and the Scottish Government.
You can download Prof. A. Angehrn's presentation here.
For further insight into the topic of change management please refer to:
- Larry Hirschhorn, Campaigning for Change, Harvard Business Review, July 2002
- Nadim F. Matta and Ronald N. Ashkenas, Why Good Projects Fail Anyway, Harvard Business Review, September 2003
- W. Chan Kim and Renιe Mauborgne, Tipping Point Leadership, Harvard Business Review, April 2003
- W. Chan Kim and Renιe Mauborgne, Fair Process - Managing in the Knowledge Economy, Harvard Business Review, September 2003
- John P. Kotter, Leading Change - Why Transformation Efforts Fail, Harvard Business Review, January 2007
- Samuel J. Palmisano (An Interview with), Leading Change When Business Is Good, Harvard Business Review, December 2004
For more information please contact Mr. Aristotelis Alexopoulos at 2108964531, firstname.lastname@example.org