Welcome to the first Greek Massive Open Online Course!
This spring we had the chance to join people around the world for the online course
"Beyond Silicon Valley: Entrepreneurship in Transitioning Economies."
For the first time, a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on the Coursera platform was enhanced with content designed for a Greek audience. The course was free of charge and open to everyone, and included a series of interesting interviews and discussions with entrepreneurs from different parts of the world, funders, and business experts. From April 28 through June 9, participants got simple, practical advice and information on how to start a business and identify funding sources in a tough economic environment. More than 3,500 Greeks registered for this unique course.
Featured Greek businesspeople and thinkers included:
|- Aristos Doxiadis
||- Ioanna Pepelasi
||- Apostolos Apostolakis|
|- Dimitris Stratakis
||- A. Pantazis & E. Markou
||- Revecca Pitsika|
|- Haris Makryniotis
||- Aphrodite Bouikidis
||- Nikos Moraitakis|
The course was developed by Prof. Michael Goldberg of Case Western Reserve University. Prof. Goldberg delivered the final lecture of the course from Athens on June 11. The lecture was held at the historic site of the Stoa of Attalos within the Ancient Agora of Athens and was live streamed on line to international course followers.
The course was sponsored by ALBA Graduate Business School at The American College of Greece, Metavallon, and the US Embassy in Athens.
Join us on facebook and twitter (@GreekMooc) to stay up to date and be part of the discussion! The meet up hashtag is #grmooc14. Post your questions.
People joined this course to:
- Follow your entrepreneurial dream
- Identify and pursue opportunities
- Identify funding sources and partnerships
- Understand the mechanics of entrepreneurship in the new startup era
- Learn about different aspects of entrepreneurial activity: technology, agriculture, tourism, manufacturing, social entrepreneurship
Highlights of the course included:
- An international approach with a strong Greek representation
- A comprehensive discussion on entrepreneurship and its future in Greece
- Online discussion with Prof. Goldberg
- Final course lecture by Prof. Goldberg on June 11, 2014 delivered from Athens