Through a combination of academic rigor with practical knowledge, the ALBA MBA in Shipping program provides students with the ability to make sound and timely decisions and to cope under pressure in the rapidly changing shipping environment. More than that, the program invests heavily in leadership and strategic management competencies, which are particularly relevant both as personal advantages and as essential resources for companies in this sector.
The ALBA MBA in Shipping Program is designed for:
- Highly motivated professionals with a clear aim to advance their career in management positions in the broader maritime industry
- Entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs with a vision to create value in shipping
- Members of family businesses preparing to take on increasing responsibility in their companies
- Professionals with the determination to enter the shipping industry
The MBA in Shipping Program starts in September every year and has a duration of 12 to up to 48 months.
Participants who wish to attend in full-time mode will conclude their studies in 12 months and will attend classes every day, during weekdays.
Working professionals who wish to attend in part-time mode, will conclude their studies in 24 months the earliest (can be extended to up to 48 months) and will attend classes usually twice per week, during weekdays between 18:00 to 22:00.
The core curriculum provides students with the knowledge and skills developing required to gain a deep understanding of the fundamentals of management. The specialized shipping courses, both core and electives are devoted to develop a comprehensive understanding of the shipping industry and to strengthen the analytical skills required for a successful career in shipping. Specialized workshops run in parallel
and increase awareness in contemporary shipping issu es.
Highlights of the Program
- International Recognition: The program is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and validated by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS).
- Ideal Location: The program is offered in Greece, a country with long-standing tradition in shipping operations. Students benefit from
the close links between ALBA and the Greek shipping community.
- Specialized courses in Shipping: Business Risk Management in Shipping, Maritime Economics & Policy,Chartering Policy &
Charterparty Analysis, Maritime Law, and International Commodity Trade & Transport are just a few of the specialized courses delivered
by world-renowned academics in the field.
- Specialized shipping Workshops: Delivered by distinguished industry speakers in conjunction with professional bodies/institutions, these workshops provide in-depth insight into the cutting edge of shipping practice.
- Leadership Development: Through classroom teaching and personal coaching, students embark on a journey of self-awareness and personal development, identifying strengths and areas of improvement and putting their aspirations into a coherent and dynamic
learning plan for the future.
The MBA in Shipping Program is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) and the Hellenic Shipbrokers Association (HSA).
Graduates from the Program are eligible for three exam exemptions from the ICS Professional Qualification. In addition all MBA in Shipping graduates can obtain the Gnosis Certificate (S.G.C.) by attending 10 out of 24 S.G.C. seminars.
The MBA in Shipping is also endorsed by :
Master's and Mates Union of Greek Merchant Marine (Π.Ε.Π.Ε.Ν.)