The MSc in Shipping Management Applicant Profile
In order to apply for the MSc in Shipping Management candidates should have a good honours degree in any discipline. Students with no economic background may be advised to attend a preparatory course in economics. In addition, since English is the language of instruction, it is essential that all participants have excellent command of the English language and to be currently employed (valid for the part time program only).
Two options to apply:
- Application Online (fill out the application form, scan and submit your documents, then send the original copies to ALBA) ALBA's application form, including two recent photographs
- Application form in hard copy (available to download through the Application online system) send to the office along with the original copies
Candidates to be considered for this Program must submit the following documents:
- ALBA application form, including recent photograph in jpeg format (or two photos in print)
- Two letters of recommendation which can be submitted via the https://applications.alba.edu.gr or using the printed forms (in Greek) - (in English)
Official transcripts as well as certified copies of degrees from each undergraduate, graduate or professional degree earned. Applicants, who cannot obtain an official transcript in a reasonable time, may send a photocopy of unofficial transcripts as a temporary substitute in order to expedite the evaluation process
Proof of competence in the English language. Candidates are required to either hold the Proficiency (Proficiency of Cambridge or Proficiency of Michigan) or the Certificate of English Language Proficiency Michigan State University (MSU) or take the TOEFL
(100 minimum score-ALBA code 0942), or the IELTS
(7.0 minimum score, for more information please visit the link (http://www.britishcouncil.gr/en/exam/ielts
), unless their Bachelor's degree has been awarded from an English speaking academic institution
- In cases of a "weak" academic background and after the faculty evaluation of the file, the Academic Committee reserves the right to conditionally accept an applicant, upon bringing a minimum GMAT score of 550 or a GRE score of 155 (ALBA MBA in Shipping code 3BM-38-60 and GRE DI CODE 0942) prior the beginning of the program.
- Receipt of the non-refundable application fee's [€60] deposit (Alpha Bank account No. 101-00-2320-011893, IBAN: GR21 0140 1010 1010 0232 0011 893, SWIFT (BIC) CODE: CRBAGRAAXXX) or charge of credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD)
Applications with one or more missing documents will not be processed until these documents are received. Admission to the Program is decided by the Admissions Committee on the basis of the qualifications and the applicant's personality and commitment.
Tuition Fees for entry year September 2017: €12,500 payable in installments
Deadline for the Next Round of Admissions: February 28th, 2017
Final Deadline of Admissions for International Students who require educational VISA: May 31st, 2017
ALBA accepts applications all year round & candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. However, applications received after the beginning of the program will not be reviewed for the current intake, but will certainly be reviewed for next year's intake.
For further information concerning the MSc in Shipping Management Program please contact:
Xenias 6-8, Str.,
115 28 Athens, Greece
Tel.: (+30) 210 8964531-8
Fax: (+30) 210 8964737- 8962139
To learn more about academic policy, course credit policy, fees policy and rules for student conduct read the Academic Regulations.