Clients are in need of lawyers who understand their business. The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers Program is the only academic qualification that prepares lawyers to confront complex problems in the corporate environment and financial markets.
The Program enables legal professionals to gain a solid theoretical understanding as well as a practical approach to economic and financial issues related to the day-to day operations of a business firm. The Program provides a unique learning experience that promotes collaboration and leadership competencies in an interdisciplinary curriculum.
|The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers is designed for legal professionals who:
- manage and lead their own law firm
- work as corporate counsels
- work in corporate financing and restructuring
- work in or with financial services firms
- act as consultants to business executives
The Program provides:
- A link between the legal profession and modern practice in business and finance
- A framework for participants to think and act as business partners offering them a business and managerial insight
- A learning experience that fosters leadership and teamwork competencies
Highlights of the Program
The core segment of the program offers a solid foundation of the economic, financial and accounting principles along with necessary quantitative skills. Special emphasis is provided on the practical applications of the economic theories. The program matches the legal interests of the participants by providing specialization courses on the legal aspects of international finance as well as courses on taxation, and complex financial contracts.
“The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers has proven to be an invaluable tool in my professional life. It gave me the opportunity to think both as a manager and a lawyer, enhancing interaction with customers. It also gave me the knowledge to contribute to the management of my office.”
Eleni Alexiou, Partner
Alexiou – Kosmopoulos Law firm
Extensive opportunities to take courses abroad through student exchange agreements with a large network of top Business Schools worldwide.
After completing the Program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the language of business
- Have an genuine understanding of global financial markets
- Collaborate in and contribute to complex projects in financing and restructuring
- Introduce a managerial dimension to the practice of Law
- Make refined judgements in the application of ethics in business and the legal profession
- Demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- Negotiate effective win-win solutions
- Have a strategic mindset when dealing with wider business challenges
Participants must complete the requirements of 18 courses and 1 workshop. The duration of the MSc in Business for Lawyers Program is 16 months. Each academic year lasts from September to December of the following year. Classes meet twice per week during evening hours.
|Named Scholarships Academic Year 2015-2016 |
Athens Bar Association
1 full scholarship to applicants for the MSc in Business for Lawyers Program who are also members of the Athens Bar Association. Partial Scholarships also availabe
Piraeus Bar Association
1 full scholarship to applicants for the MSc in Business for Lawyers Program who are also members of the Piraeuss Bar Association.
Democritus University of Thrace, Law School
Partial and full scholarships to graduates of the Law School of Democritus University applying for the MSc in Business for Lawyers Program.
||Partial and full scholarships to applicants for the MSc in Business for Lawyers Program who are also members of the E.A.N.D.A.|