The Double Masters Program for Lawyers
This unique double postgraduate program seeks to address the needs of the modern law practitioner who wants to bridge the specialized legal knowledge with business practice and corporate applications. The ALBA Graduate Business School at The American College of Greece has partnered with the University of Reading, School of Law to enable students to complete two graduate degree programs in 16 months.
Participants of the Double Masters program will study for the MSc in Business for Lawyers at ALBA and one of the LLM programs offered by the Law School of the University of Reading.
The MSc in Business for Lawyers enables legal professionals to gain a solid theoretical understanding as well as a practical approach to economic and financial issues related to the day-to day operations of a business firm. The Program provides a unique learning experience that promotes collaboration and leadership competencies in an interdisciplinary curriculum.
The Postgraduate masters courses (LLM) are especially suited to applicants planning to take professional exams and continue on to practise law, either in the UK or overseas. Law graduates are also in high demand across many other areas, with potential destinations including European and international governmental and non-governmental organisations, the media and the public sector. The LLM programs offered by the Double Masters Program include:
Commercial LLM programmes
Commercial LLM Distance Learning programmes
For more information about the programme please visit: http://www.reading.ac.uk/law
Contac Law Admission Office: +44 (0) 118 378 6568, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
Dr. Stavroula Karapapa, Director LLM Programs, Associate Professor at Law, School of Law
email: email@example.com, +44(0)118 378 5033
Main Program Features
- The Double Masters Program it is not a joint Degree or a double Major Program. They are two separate degrees awarded by the institutions.
- Prospective students should apply separately to ALBA and to the University of Reading for the MSc and LLM respectively.
- Successful completion of study requirements for the designated LLM program will entitle them to receive the academic degree from the University of Reading.
- Successful completion of study requirements for the designated MSc program will entitle them to receive the academic degree from ALBA Graduate Business School at The American College of Greece.
- A brief description of the schedule for the Double Masters program is given below over the 16 month period of study
- Sept – Early Oct: Study at ALBA (2 months)
- Mid Oct - April: Study at Reading (6 months - except the distance learning programs)
- May – Dec: Study at ALBA (8 months)
- Academic Fees at ALBA: 6,000 Euro
- Academic Fees at Reading: 9,500 GBP
- Estimated cost of accommodation: 100-140 GBP per week
Main Benefits of the Double Masters Program
- Earn two separate academic degrees in 16 months only.
- Gain the experience of living and studying abroad.
- Save money and time staying abroad for only 6 months.
- Study the full program of study at Reading with no exceptions or other special arrangements made.
- Choose from a wide range of 8 different LLM programs offered by the Law School at Reading.
Exploit important synergies from the LLMs and the MSc programs of study.
- High quality business education provided by ALBA that reinforces and expands the knowledge and skills of law practitioners.